Wednesday, February 04, 2009

OUTRAGE!


IS NOTHING SACRED?

They are "remaking" the Karate Kid.

Check out more: here, here, and hear it straight from Daniel himself representing here.

Lets see, here's a list of my favorite childhood movie franchises:
-Star Wars
-Indiana Jones
-Karate Kid

THE FIRST TWO HAVE ALREADY BEEN RUINED, PLEASE, IF JUSTICE EXISTS LET DANIELSAN BE!

This is unconfirmed, but I'm pretty sure I was the first in North America to purchase the Karate Kid boxed set when it came out; I was at Wal-Mart at midnight, shocked by the lack of fanfare. I thought I was a big fan, until my co-worker Chris came in with the soundtrack today (impressive), and told me about this remake.

The Karate Kid does not fit into the trend of "recasting" series ala Batman/Star Trek. It was a magical moment in time that cannot just be pillaged by some jerk producers looking to pimp Will Smith's kid.

Heartbroken,

-Adam

1 comment:

Professor RJ Gumby said...

Dumb ideas on, dumb ideas off...Pat Morita is probably turning over in his grave.

What's next? Beyonce in "Flashdance"? "Amadeus in 3-D"? Jay-Zee & Billy Ray Cyrus in the remake of "48 Hours"? "Airplane II?" (Oh yeah, they already made that turkey.)

No, wait...Jason Statham in the remake of Beastmaster!

Somebody stop me...I feels a pitch comin' on.

I feel your pain bro...