Monday, August 06, 2007

Finally Payin Off!

I received an email from Brian McLaren's folks about his upcoming tour in support of his book "Everything Must Change" which comes out this October.

Towards the end of the email it said that the first 50 bloggers to email in their "snail mail" address and blog site would receive an advanced copy, for free.

I was one of those 50!

So now to fulfill my obligation to Mr. McLaren I will be going through the book and giving a brief synopsis as well as reactions. I guess I'll have to do my best to entice everyone into buying it, luring you further and further into a web of desire to purchase this most excellent book when it comes out in October.

I guess being a tool is the price you pay for street cred!

2 comments:

Matt said...

Yep. Not bad, though - getting a free copy. I read 2 of his other books. They were pretty good but it really wasn't clear to me how his idea of "post-modern" thought is any different from "modern" thought. Seems like merely a variation on a theme to me...... I'm a died-in-the-wool Lewisian (is that a word?).

Adam Caldwell said...

Who is Brian McLaren?