Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"Vision of You"

Shane & Shane's new album "Pages" came out yesterday. It's crazy. If you're a guitar player, you know what this feeling is like. You listen to Eddie Van Halen play and you think to yourself "Whats the point? Why do I even try?" Shane and Shane are like the Eddie Van Halen of Christian music. They sing notes barely within the range of human hearing. Anyways, some of their old stuff is a little odd for me but this new album really is great. I remember hearing their first song on the album at a concert in which I experienced an extended period of tingly-ness. Check out these lyrics from the chorus of "Vision of You":

Awaken whats inside of me
Tune my heart to all you are in me
Even though you're here God come
May the vision of you be the death of me
Even though you've given everything
Jesus come

2 comments:

Matt said...

O Come on! Surely the "DeFranco Family" is a worse band than "Nickelback"! Their song "Heartbeat it's a love beat" has got to be one of the the worst efforts of all time. But, if you think that "Hanson" is better than "Nickelback", I'm probably going to have a hard time convincing you otherwise.

Matt said...

Sorry. I accidentally posted this under the wrong OP.