Friday, December 29, 2006

New Years

I think the "coolest" new years i've ever had was in 6th grade...we stayed up till midnight and banged pots n' pans outside. I think it was cool because my friend Craig's sister had some friends over, and we snuck watching part of "Interview With A Vampire".

Since then I guess it's been a little "lackluster". We'll see what happens in the next couple days. I also don't really understand what Auld Lang Syne is about, even after reading the lyrics and description.

Does anyone have any new years traditions, or at least cool stories? I really hope at least a couple people answer, no body likes an unresponsive blog question.

There was a cool post about resolutions/lists over at Spitbox (check out the link to the right).

More soon I guess, it's nice to be home with fionce and family.

Leave a new years tradition/cool story/reaction! Do it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry no one has left you a response yet.

I do not have much of a story other than I only make it to New Years in NY CITY, not until it is New Years in MO

EyeRytStuf said...

My New Year's Eve tradition for years has been to go to a party and feel very uncomfortable at midnight when everyone is kissing their love. Then I accept kisses from those who go around the room feeling they must give a kiss to everyone they see. Then I give it about fifteen minutes and go home in a sour mood. I find it's a great way to start the new year!

Anonymous said...

Hey Adam... just an FYI, fiance is spelled with an a, not an o... its a French word and also has some , thing above the e. Why we use bizarre french words is beyond me, but anyway, since you have one and all now, I thought you should know...

Unknown said...

anon has a point, o verbose one. fiance was spelled wrong.

IN ANY CASE: My favorite New Years was actually just this last one-me and the youth group had a LOTR marathon (EXTENDED!) From early that morning to well to the next morning. I'm fairly sure its the only way I'll ever see my youth group in a church looking like they're hung over.