Thursday, October 13, 2005

NLDCS

Oh ya, almost forgot about this. Tonight was Game 1 of Cards/'Stros. Now, for those of you who do not know I spent a summer in Houston two years ago. Thus, in order to blend in with the Texans I became a casual fan of the Astros despite their historical division rivalry with the hometown crew, the Cardinals. Now, another factor in me liking the Astros is my love of Orange Juice, particularly Minute Maid orange juice. Any baseball fan is seeing the corollation immediately, but for those of you out there who are not Sportscenter freaks the Astros play at Minute Maid Park.

I am publically confessing before all my fellow Missourians that I own 2 items of Astro-Apparel, nay, Astroparel: 1 Hat, and 1 Shirt. I also would like it to be known that should the 'Stros defeat St. Louis, those items will be burned and I will recant any connection I had made with the quasi-support of the Astros. But I won't have to worry about that because it's not going to happen.

I predict the Cardinals win the series over the White Sox. Simultaneously giving the perfect send off for the beer and tobacco scented (and aptly named) Busch Stadium AND giving the Cards retribution for the embarrasing sweep last year to the Sox of another color. This is the Cardinals year, I feel it. Cap off a great era with a memory filled stadium, and do it over a team from Chicago. Kinda feel bad for the White Sox.....they're not first in line in their own city or their own team name (sox). Anyways, it's getting late, so I just wanted to quickly say Go Cards!

On a quick sidenote the local grocery store is carrying Shasta Soda, ranging from 15-20 cents a piece. Not only does Shasta make several exotic flavors, but they are tastey and affordable as well! I consumed two Shasta Ginger Ales during tonights victory, so I believe that constitutes the beginning of a 2005 playoff tradition: Cardinals win and Ginger Ale. Try it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stopped by and read your blog! It makes for interesting reading and I’m sure that it will generate a lot of comment
I have a hotel in luxury philadelphia> site. Please feel free to look me up if you do get the time. Bye for now!

Anonymous said...

Hi Adam, I can just picture you talking. How are ya? When are you going to come and visit us again.

Mom Caldwell

Matt Brown said...

I'm sure most of the country is rooting for the Astro. Only the southies of Chicago would root for the White Sox.

Adam Caldwell said...

Hey...I know this is a little late, but when is the BBQ. Fire it up.