Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Say no to drugs

Ok, so two days ago my buddy and I made a trip to Columbia for some guitar supplies, Chipotle burritos, and gummy bears. We visited our friend who was working at Walgreens and on our way out we saw a peculiar sight...An odd looking fellow pushing his truck in the middle of the Broadway-Providence intersection (a very, very, busy part of town). So it was decision time... Being that the middle school youth and I just had gone over the story of the good Samaritan, it was time to showcase my strength of ten men. So I sprint out there at a blazing speed, get over to his truck in the middle of the intersection, and scream "hop in!" He's very excited that someone came to assistance. So, I begin pushing his truck while he steers. So we stop at the next light, and he gets out and says: "Hey man, you smoke any herb, cause I can hook you up?" Now, some of the younger readers might not recognize this phrase. The young man who I helped had just offered me some marijuana as a repayment for my efforts. Luckily, I had been through the D.A.R.E. program, and responded "No thanks, i'm cool". So we finished pushing his car to the gas station, being that he had run out of gas, he thanked me again and I explained that I just hope someone would do the same for me and told him God bless.

So the moral of the story is: Love your neighbor as yourself, and turn thy neighbor down when he offers you weed.

On a sidenote: As much as I love Jesus, and as much as I love iPods i'm not sure about when they collide: http://www.devoted1.com/

1 comment:

Brad said...

Hey buddy, doing some blog searching. Finally found you and AC. come check out my rantings at zepplinrules! Oh yeah, and Christian icons and Ipods don't mix!

PEACE!
B